Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas at Trafalgar Square

"I am a gift. So are you,
and I feel you blossom and sweet fruit.
I laugh, I weep, I wait in patience, 
I sing for the healing of all nations.
Dear creatures..."

This is one of the poems from Poetry Society's Look North More Often Project. It is written as a mutual effort of many children to celebrate the annual Christmas gift which comes from Norway. Each year since 1947, the city of Oslo send to London a Christmas tree as a symbol of Anglo-Norwegian friendship. This is to commemorate the British support during the World War II. The Norwegian  Christmas tree embellishes the central London point, Trafalgar Square.



This year, the spectacular Trafalgar Square has also become a home to the memorial to hero of the people's hearts across the world Nelson Mandela who has died on 5th of December 2014.



The Norwegian Christmas Beauty next to the current design statue Blue Rooster by Farah Nayeri at the Trafalgar Square.


The Christmas installation of little Jesus born.

Feeling winter, feeling Christmas.

Trafalgar Christmas classics. 



Camera: Canon 6D, Lens: Canon 24-105mm f4 L

No comments:

Post a Comment